Wednesday 11 November 2020

Climate Action - Baseline Data for our Carbon Footprint

 In Year Five we've been focusing on Sustainable Energy.  We're now calculating our carbon footprint so we can measure the impact of the action we are taking to reduce our negative impact on the world.


You can work out our carbon footprint too and find out how to help fight climate change at https://www.futurefit.nz/



This is Mrs Daniel's carbon footprint.   Room 15's average Carbon Footprint was 5.6.  Room 14's average carbon footprint was 5.83. And Room 16's was 6.9. We found regular international travel pushed up our foot prints.  I wonder how we can offset this.  

What's your Carbon Footprint? Comment below ...

TAKING ACTION - we looked at livelightly.nz and decided to pledge these actions to reduce our carbon footprint:

Cimone - Saving water - turn the tap off when I brush my teeth.

Isabelle - walk to the local shops instead of drive

James & Aayush - plan my holiday within a four hour drive of my home instead of driving

Chloe - think before i buy and get second hand clothing

Amelia - plant flowers and vegetables at home

Caleb - plant more strawberries and fruit with my my mum






No comments:

Post a Comment