Wednesday 25 May 2022

Room 17 Exploring our Sustainable Gardens

 



Today, ROOM 17 GEMS explored our sustainable gardens, worm farms, and composts ...


Amelia - We saw wiggly slugs.  They had slide to make trails.

Alice - I saw some snails in the garden.  We saw compost.  I could smell it.  The vegetable peels need to go in the compost.



Jin - we smelt the lemongrass. We tasted sour sorrel. I saw the worms.  They are wiggly.

Zoey - I heard the birds singing

Ella - I ate apple.



Hazel.  - I felt the compost. It was so hot.

Kirsten - We saw a slug. It was like a snail.

Constance- the worms help us grow some things.


We are learning to put our food scraps the worm bucket or hot compost bucket, so fungus, bacteria and creepy crawlies can turn it into new good soil.




No comments:

Post a Comment