Tuesday 6 June 2023

Tekau ma Tahi Investigate Threats to our Mara Kai

 Today Room 11 found out about pests that like to eat our crunchy cabbages in the mara kai.  We saw holes in the cabbage leaves but the snails were hiding.  We picked three cabbages and ate them.


We discovered a mystery seedling in the hot compost. We planted it to see what grows ...








This is what we thought about the cabbage:

Archer "It tasted plain.  It was green."

Ruby "It kind of tastes oniony."

Sophia "WE ate the cabbage. We found the cabbage in the garden.  It tastes like onion.  I hate onion"

Mila "The cabbage tasted a bit peppery."

Azara "The cabbage smelled a bit weird but I still liked it".

Kacy "Today at enviro we were learning about growing cabbage.  It tasted a bit peppery.  I ate nine pieces.  I love it!"

Kate "Today we ate some cabbage and I love it."

Leo "My cabbage didn't really have a smell."

Theo "The cabbages were yummy."

Kenny "I like to eat cabbages"

Valentin "We learnt how to plant some peas.  They like to grow up sticks and string so Mrs Daniel put some stuff for the peas to grow.

We also spread compost and planted peas.

Next time we see Mrs Daniel we will see if our pea plants are growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment