Wednesday 7 February 2024

Year Five Find Where We Shine GreenGold

 Today Year Five rediscovered all the spots around the school that help make Sunnyhills a GreenGold Enviroschool.  We brainstormed the actions we can take everyday to help create a sustainable world: walk and bike as much as we can, pack a litterfree lunch and put all our food scraps in the hot compost bins.


Ruby "I heard all the birds chirping in the pohutukawa"

Veda "I saw a tui"

Yumi "I noticed that the bees don't go far unless they are collecting pollen and nectar"

Ben " I noticed that apple tree and the pear tree in the orchard and they look yum!"

Blake "There were lots there were heaps of plants in the Trees for Survival seedling house"

Taryn "I noticed birds were chirping alot and they were happy in the trees"

Hazel "The plants in the Bugs and Butterflies garden were gone"

Evie " I saw a bumblebee covered in pollen. It was drinking nectar" 

Vienna "When we were in the nature trail there was a tui right above my head"

Evie "I heard a tur"

Maddie "I smelt flowers"

Laela "when i was at the bee hive i realised how magnificent bees are"

Aiden "I smelled a lot of fresh air"

Olivia "I noticed that there wasn't much rubbish at all"

Fred "On the nature trail it always feels like there is something moving around"

Louisa "i saw a rat in the nature trail"

Samuel " I saw all the amazing trees that we are growing"





Check out the gourds and spaghetti squash we discovered in the Edible Gardens, as well as how much our native trees have grown! Hopefully we'll be able to bake and eat spaghetti squash soon. We wondered what gourds are good for... 














No comments:

Post a Comment