Wednesday 14 February 2024

Year Six Review and Plan How We Can Shine GreenGold in 2024

 Today Year Six had their first Sustainability lesson with Mrs Daniel. We bagan by reviewing how Sunnyhills is a GreenGold Enviroschool with a mapping activity and scavenger hunt all over the school. 



How can we be sustainable each day?

Ruby "Pick up rubbish"

Conrad "Don't use plastic bags"

Monique "Put your food scraps in hot compost"

Katara "Bike, scooter or walk to school"

Zoha "Use the three RRR's"

Next we throught about the learning and actions we'd like to take this year to help Sunnyhills create a sustainable future:

Leo "How do electric cars work? Are the batteries bad for the environment?"

Elizabeth "I'd like to learn how to stop ants eating everything and leanr more about how they farm aphids"

Tai "I'd like to plant more trees and learn about them"

Elizabeth "I'd like to learn more about herbs and how we can use weeds"

Ruby "I like scavenger hunts with buddies"

Soha "I'd like to collect stuff from the garden and cook it"

Tai "I'd like to pull out moth plant"

Manushree "I like trying different foods in the garden and being outside"

In the last ten minutes we researched how we could use the hue gourds and spaghetti squash we spotted growing in the mara kai.



















No comments:

Post a Comment