Tuesday 4 June 2024

Year 3's very own herbal tea blends




After learning about the history and cultural uses of herbs and tea around the world, Year Three created their very own herbal teas today.  

We chose from these plants in our Mara Kai:

Lemongrass

Sage leaves

Mint

Pineapple sage flowers 

Kotu Kola

Kawakawa

&SunnyHoney


Before we drank our tea we said the school's new Karakia kai. 

Ranger "We made our own tea. We used herbs from the gardens"

Milana "It tasted like mint and honey"

Constance "It tasted like lemon"

Luke " I can smell mint and honey" 

Hunter "It smells like an ice block"

Kirsten "It tasted interesting with all the flavours"

Olivia "My tea is called Olivia's Special Pineapple Sage Tea"

Matty "My tea is called Mint & Lemon Tea"

Emily "My tea is called Fun Tea"

Karuna "We grow gotu kola in India too.  We eat the leaves and make tea with it. We have it because its healthy."

Madeleine "I learnt that tea is delicious"

Albert "I learnt how to make tea out of herbs"

Ruby "I learnt how to try tea"

Zoe "Even if you don't like the plants you put in your tea it can make it yum".

Tino "We can grow herbs to make drinks"

Coby "I learnt about a plant called lemongrass. It is very hard to chew.  It smells like lemon"

Maddison "My tea tasted like cucumber and it smelt really good"

Chase "We learnt how to make really yummy tea with herbs"










No comments:

Post a Comment